As ‘Day(s) of Rage’ are going on in MidEast and as report of MH17 has been published and while media is full of analysis, counter arguments, PR, PsyOps, disinformation and speculations I think that it is useful to remark upon few aspects related to media literacy.
Here below is 5 Tips for sorting through the news and sharing responsibly on social media by Honest reporting:
Welcome to AriRusila's Conflicts [ex-BalkanPerspective] - a personal perspective on events in western Balkans and Mideast. Topics of special interest: Serbia, Israel and geopolitics.
About: AriRusila's Conflicts
Ari RUSILA's Resume
Ari Rusila is a development project management expert, blogger and freelance political analyst from Finland with a special interest in the Balkan region and the Great Middle East. His other interests include civil crisis management issues, conflicts and geopolitics.
2008- Present Freelancer, main blog AriRusila's BalkanBlog. Member e.g. of Atlantic-Community org., PES activists and Peace and Collaborative Development Network
2004-2007 Project manager, Jyväskylä university of Applied Sciences/INR/NorWat project. Total progress and financial responsibility of NorWat funded by EU Intrerreg IIIB NPP. Locations in Finland, Sweden, Norway and Scotland. Budget > 1.2 MEUR
2000-2002 EU Municipal Expert,European Agency for Reconstruction (EAR). Seconded to UNMIK in Leposavic, Mitrovica Region, Kosovo, SCG. Capacity building of local administration, project management/ coordination, business registration; youth, culture and sport sectors
1998-1999 Project co-ordinator, Municipality of Salla. Project Coordinator (Lead) of Tacis CBC TSP 55/97 project. Creating the project plan and application before start. Managing the project from start to end. Location Kovdor, Murmansk Region, Russia
-1998 Economic Development Officer, Municipality of Salla. SME developing, strategy and sectoral planning at local and regional levels, project management (EU programmes and Interreg), cross border cooperation with Russia, Barents cooperation.
Master of Arts Social Science,University of Jyväskylä, Finland
Secondary upper education in Jyväskylä Lyceé, Finland
+100 cources inn14 different countries about economic development, Project management, new media etc.
Mother tongue: Finnish
Other: English (C1), German (B1), Swedish (B2), Russia (A2)
Skills and competences
· Team work experience also with multicultural teams
· LogFrame Approach and experience of Project Cycle management at all it’s levels
· Implementing experience with Participatory Planning Methods and Goal Orientated Project Planning methods
· Ability to survive and solve problems in crisis-/post-crisis societies
· Capacity building and SME developing at local and regional level is familiar to me with nearly 20 years experience
· Field experience 1: My work in Kosovo gave me clear picture of problems in Balkans
· Field experience 2: My work in Russia trained me to make practical solutions between anarchical field work and western regulations
· Field experience 3: My work in Lapland (FIN) trained me all aspects of project management from ideas and strategies through action plans to implementation of individual projects